Incivek™ (telaprevir) and Hepatitis C
When can I get a prescription for Incivek™ (telaprevir)?
UPDATE: As of August 2014 Vertex announced it will discontinue selling Incivek.
Vertex indicated that they would start shipping medication within a week of FDA drug approval on May 23, 2011. Contact your doctor for an appointment to discuss your options.
Incivek™ capsules are in weekly boxes that include daily blister strips to assist patients in keeping track of their doses.
Last Updated: July 2014
Vertex Pharmaceuticals "Highlights of Prescribing Information - Incivek™" http://pi.vrtx.com/files/uspi_telaprevir.pdf. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals "Medication Guide - Incivek™" http://pi.vrtx.com/files/usmedguide_telaprevir.pdf. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals "For Patients - Helping People Get Incivek™ (telaprevir) tablets" http://www.vrtx.com/patients.html. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- What is Incivek™ (telaprevir)?
- What is the dosage for Incivek™ (telaprevir)?
- Does the dosage and administration of Incivek™ (telaprevir) differ for various people?
- When is Incivek™ contraindicated?
- What types of adverse reactions were reported when taking Incivek™?
- Are there any other warnings one should know regarding Incivek™ combination therapy?
- At what point would one know the Incivek™ combination therapy is not working?
- Can those co-infected with HIV and Hepatitis C begin Incivek™ combination therapy?
- When can I get a prescription for Incivek™ (telaprevir)?
- How can I get assistance paying for Incivek™ (telaprevir)? Is Incivek™ covered by insurance?