Safe Ways to Manage Digestive Symptoms When You’re Living with Hep C
July 14, 2015
12 Natural Tips for Indigestion Relief
- eating several small, low-fat meals throughout the day at a slow pace
- abstaining from consuming coffee, carbonated beverages and alcohol
- stopping medications that can irritate the stomach lining – such as aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs
- getting enough rest
- decreasing stress; such as meditation, relaxation therapy or yoga
- walking 100 steps after each meal
- avoiding laying down immediately or within 30 minutes of eating
- supplementing with digestive enzymes to reduce gas, bloating and digestive discomfort (Digestive Enzymes is a comprehensive enzyme formula specifically formulated to improve digestion, increase nutrient absorption and reduce the side effects of poor digestion. Furthermore, UltraNourish™ – superfood protein shake – contains 585 mg of a proprietary digestive enzyme blend that can help eliminate your digestive discomfort and other digestive side effects.)
- drinking ginger, peppermint, spearmint, fennel seed or anise teas to reduce nausea, bloating and abdominal cramps
- consuming fresh ginger, ginger tablets or ginger beer to help calm indigestion
- eating bitter foods before meals may help improve digestion (e.g. olives or rocket lettuce)
- taking a high quality combination of probiotics to increase the digestive system’s strength – especially valuable after a course of antibiotics or to help digest and absorb food, maintain a good digestive acid balance and protect against toxic bacteria (Ultra Probiotic Formula contains 35 billion living cells per capsule, making it a very powerful, high-potency formula developed to withstand acids in the stomach, and to quickly restore healthy levels of beneficial bacteria in the stomach and intestines.)
Because their liver is under duress, someone with Hepatitis C will commonly encounter indigestion. It is important to make certain that the digestive discomfort does not necessitate immediate medical care. If not, combining a handful (or all of) the twelve natural suggestions given above can relieve indigestion and help your digestive system achieve balance and harmony.
http://hepatitiscnewdrugresearch.com/-healthy-liver---healthy-digestion.html, Healthy Liver – Healthy Digestion, Retrieved February 20, 2015, hepatitscnewsdrugresearch.com, 2015.
http://www.austingastro.com/your-health/indigestion.aspx, Indigestion, Retrieved February 20, 2015, Austin Gastroenterology, 2015.
http://www.healthline.com/health/hepatitis-c/effects-on-the-body, Learn the Effects of Hepatitis C on the Body, Ann Pietrangelo, Retrieved February 20, 2015, Healthline Networks, Inc., 2015.
http://www.hepatitisaustralia.com/symptom-management/, Symptom Management, Retrieved February 20, 2015, Hepatitis Australia, Inc., 2015.
http://www.hepatitiscentral.com/news/hepatitis-cs-impact-from-head-to-toe/, Hepatitis C’s Impact – From Head to Toe, Nicole Cutler, L.Ac., Retrieved February 20, 2015, Hepatitis Central, 2015.
A National Epidemic of Hepatitis C Transmission
Observing World Hepatitis Day 2015