Victrelis™ (boceprevir) and Hepatitis C
What if one has an adverse reaction to the Victrelis™ combination therapy?
UPDATE: As of January 2015 Merck announced it will discontinue selling Victrelis in the United States by the end of the year.
Reducing the dosage of Victrelis™ is not recommended by Merck. However, if one experiences an adverse reaction that is possibly related to the peginterferon alfa and/or ribavirin, the peginterferon alfa and/or ribavirin dosage could be reduced or discontinued based on the information provided in these medications’ Package Inserts regarding how to reduce and/or discontinue peginterferon alfa and/or ribavirin dose.
Victrelis™ cannot be administered if peginterferon alfa and ribavirin are discontinued.
Last Updated: January 2015
Merck "Highlights of Prescribing Information - Victrelis" http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/v/victrelis/victrelis_pi.pdf. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
Merck "Medication Guide - Victrelis™" http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/v/victrelis/victrelis_mg.pdf. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
Merck "Patient Assistance Programs" http://www.merck.com/responsibility/pap-information.html. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
Neutropenia Support Association, Inc. "What is Neutropenia?" http://www.neutropenia.ca/. Retrieved May 19, 2011.
Victrelis http://victrelis.com/boceprevir/victrelis/consumer/index.jsp. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- What is Victrelis™ (boceprevir)?
- What is the dosage for Victrelis™ (boceprevir)?
- Does the dosage and administration of Victrelis (boceprevir) differ for various people?
- When is Victrelis™ contraindicated?
- What types of adverse reactions were reported when taking Victrelis™?
- What if one has an adverse reaction to the Victrelis™ combination therapy?
- Are there any other warnings one should know regarding Victrelis™ combination therapy?
- At what point would one know the Victrelis™ combination treatment is not working?
- Can those co-infected with HIV and Hepatitis C begin Victrelis™ combination therapy?
- When can I get a prescription for Victrelis™ (boceprevir)?
- How can I get assistance paying for Victrelis™ (boceprevir)? Is Victrelis™ covered by insurance?