A New Solution to Relieve Fatigue Caused by Hepatitis CAugust 29, 2017
If you have Hepatitis C and are frequently tired, you are not alone. As this liver virus’s most common symptom, an estimated 70% of those with the Hepatitis C virus experience fatigue regularly. Different from occasionally feeling tired, the severe, constant fatigue that is common with Hepatitis C can be unbearable.
After ruling out other possible causes of fatigue, learn about a new supplement that safely delivers the ideal combination of energy-boosting nutrients for those with a chronic liver ailment.
Causes of Fatigue
Experts suggest working with your doctor first to identify factors other than Hepatitis C that may cause or add to your fatigue. There are numerous health conditions (such as a thyroid imbalance, diabetes, obesity and anemia) that can be sapping your energy levels.
In addition to a co-existing illness, some more potential complicating factors that can aggravate tiredness include:
- Stress, anxiety or depression
- Poor nutrition
- Chronic pain
Because there are so many overlapping potential causes, it may be impossible to ever fully understand where fatigue with Hepatitis C comes from.
4 Reasons Why Hepatitis C Causes Fatigue
Even so, clinicians and academics believe these four reasons are among the top explanations of why Hepatitis C causes fatigue:
- The Immune Response – When infected with the Hepatitis C virus, your immune system responds in various ways. One of those ways is to increase the presence of cytokines, a substance released by the immune response that leads to fatigue when fighting any pathogen – including the flu.
- Energy Storage – Since Hepatitis C is a viral infection of the liver, chronic infection causes chronic liver inflammation. Your liver helps convert food into glucose and stores it for when your body needs a burst of energy. A liver fighting the Hepatitis C virus has a reduced capability of producing glucose and fewer healthy liver cells to store it. Thus, your energy suffers.
- Brain-Immune Dysfunction – The continued, long-term response of the immune system to chronic Hepatitis C is another contributor to fatigue. When your body is stressed, your immune system activates and causes your central nervous system to release neurotransmitters (chemicals in the brain) for self-protection. The release of neurotransmitters is part of a healthy immune response, but chronic Hepatitis C causes a chronic, uncontrollable stress that weakens your immune system and decreases neurotransmitter release.
- Liver Metabolism – Your liver helps create energy through metabolism, the process of converting our food into energy. A liver hampered by Hepatitis C has fewer functioning liver cells available to metabolize the protein, fat and carbohydrates you consume.
Successful treatment of Hepatitis C may reduce fatigue, but liver damage sustained by the virus may continue to impair energy levels.
The four reasons listed above for Hepatitis C-related fatigue underscore the importance of supporting the following bodily systems to recoup energy levels:
- Your central nervous system
- Your immune system
- Your liver
Reduce Your Fatigue with Energy Booster
A safe, simple way to reduce fatigue in those with Hepatitis C has recently been developed. A blend of energy-boosting antioxidants, vitamins and herbs that support your nervous system, your immune system and healthy liver function, Energy Booster is designed specifically for those who are fatigued and dealing with a chronic liver ailment.
Energy Booster provides a quick boost of energy without sugar, fulfilling several goals to reduce fatigue.
- Provides nutrients that help strengthen your mitochondria – the energy-producing center inside each cell. This benefits your nervous system, your immune system and your liver.
- Provides antioxidants to neutralize free radicals that damage liver cells and impair energy production.
- Provides vitamins and herbs that strengthen your immune system to stop brain-immune dysfunction and minimize cytokine release.
- Contains herbs and vitamins that raise your metabolic rate, increasing the speed at which chemical reactions in your body produce energy.
- Provides nutrients known to protect and strengthen liver cells to help reduce the inflammation that Hepatitis C causes, improving your liver’s ability to metabolize, store and release glucose – your body’s primary energy source.
Several of Energy Booster’s ingredients are highlighted below for their capacity to help Hepatitis C-related fatigue:
- B Vitamins – The B vitamins assist with converting food into energy. The Bs are co-factors in the mitochondrial respiratory chain – the sequence of events that create energy. The Bs most important in maintaining healthy energy levels are B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12.
- L-Carnitine – This nutrient transports fatty acids into mitochondria. Once there, the fat can be oxidized to generate adenosine triphosphate (ATP) – the complex molecule that provides us with energy. As described in a 2014 Iranian article in Future Virology, carnitine blood levels in those with chronic hepatitis are significantly lower than in healthy individuals.
- Vitamin C – This common antioxidant protects cells from damage and strengthens your immune system.
- Panax Ginseng – A prized herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine, ginseng aids your nervous system by increasing mental and physical alertness, strengthening immunity and increasing metabolic efficiency.
- Guarana – An herb rich in caffeine, guarana helps raise your body’s metabolic rate. Guarana may be more effective than coffee with regards to its energizing power, as guarana is released more slowly into your body to provide sustained energy levels.
Energy Booster fulfills the specific niche for helping restore energy levels to those with a chronic liver ailment like Hepatitis C. Because it provides your body with antioxidants, vitamins, herbs and nutrients that strengthen your liver, your cell’s mitochondria, your central nervous system and your immune system, while also nurturing metabolism, this formula addresses Hepatitis C-related fatigue on a cellular level from many therapeutic angles.
http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/lucinda-porter-navigating-hepatitis-c/tired-of-being-tired-with-hepatitis-c/, Tired of Being Tired with Hepatitis C, Lucinda Porter, RN, Retrieved June 3, 2017, Everyday Health Media, LLC, 2017.
http://www.healthline.com/health/hepatitis-c/coping-with-hepatitis-c-fatigue#2, Coping with Hepatitis C Fatigue, Lindsey Konkel, Retrieved June 3, 2017, Healthline Media, 2017.
https://www.hepatitiscentral.com/news/fatigue_and_hep/, Fatigue and Hepatitis C, Nicole Cutler, L.Ac., Retrieved June 4, 2017, Hepatitis Central, 2017,
https://www.hepatitiscentral.com/news/should-l-carnitine-be-added-to-hepatitis-c-treatment/, Should L-Carnitine Be Added to Hepatitis C Treatment?, Retrieved June 4, 2017, Hepatitis Central, 2017.
https://www.hepmag.com/article/fighting-fatigue-24525-873236439, Fatigue: Hep C’s Partner in Crime, Benjamin Ryan, Retrieved June 4, 2017, hepmag.com, 2017.