A Basic Diet for Hepatitis
Updating and recharging your diet is both a mental and physical commitment – and you can do it!
Changing your eating habits can be difficult, and it definitely takes will power. However, altering your diet can have profound effects on overall health – including improved mood, energy and much more.
If you prefer, start slowly by swapping one bad food with one good food. For example, before reaching for salty potato chips, try eating baked chips instead. Rather than indulge in a bowl of ice cream, choose fruit. Both have a sugary boost – but fruit is so much healthier! Steer clear of alcohol by opting for flavored water or herbal tea.
Helpful Hints to Keep Your Healthy Eating on Track
- Plan your meals out in advance. This leaves less room for hasty decisions when you’re hungry and on the go.
- Chop up fresh vegetables and keep them in containers as soon as you get home from the farmer’s market or grocery store. Crunchy carrots, cucumbers, celery and tomatoes will be waiting when you’re ready for a snack.
- If chopping fresh vegetables is too time consuming, consider adding Natural Wellness’ UltraNourish to your diet. UltraNourish, a protein shake focused on liver health, contains fruits, vegetables, fiber, antioxidants and probiotics that are missing from your diet. And now it’s also available in chocolate! Chocolate UltraNourish contains the same healthy ingredients as unflavored UltraNourish. It’s simple, healthy and delicious!
Foods You Should Eat
- Beans, all kinds
- Walnuts and other nuts
- Vegetables (potatoes in moderation). Don’t forget that UltraNourish contains vegetables, fruits and so much more!
- Kale – It’s a superfood for your liver!
- Lots of vegetable juices, freshly juiced by you
- Homemade vegetable soup
- Fresh fruit in moderation (2-3 pieces per day)
- Lemonade made with fresh lemons and mildly sweetened or lemon water.
- Spices and Herbs
- Herbal teas, iced or hot
- Organic virgin olive oil
- Flaxseed oil
You can take almost any recipe and convert it into a healthy dish simply by using healthy foods. Looking for a new recipe to try? Take a look at these liver friendly recipes.
If you’re a fan of shakes and smoothies, you might be interested in a complete list of recipes for UltraNourish. From Pumpkin Spice Green Smoothie, to Apple Banana Nutter Smoothie – there are tons of recipes to keep you full and satisfied all month long!