Living With Hepatitis C: 6 Ways to Maintain a Positive Mindset
Last Reviewed November 11, 2019
A serious illness can wear on you. Eventually it can become difficult to maintain a positive mental attitude. Worry, fear and even anger can undermine your happiness and may even result in despair and depression. Hepatitis C is especially insidious as it requires constant management and attention.
6 Tips to Maintain an Upbeat Mindset
- Exercise – Regular exercise helps you maintain a healthy body weight but also releases endorphins that leave you feeling great.
- Socialize – Social contact goes a long way to reducing depression and relieving stress.
- Learn – Try learning as much as you can about Hepatitis C. It will go a long way in reducing any fear and anxiety you may have.
- Meditation – Meditation helps reduce depression and anxiety, and has been shown to help improve the immune system. Meditation does not have to involve a huge investment of time; even 10 minutes of meditation per day has been shown to produce positive results.
- Network – Build a network of supportive people, including others who are battling Hepatitis C, who can share information and resources. There are many online resources and groups available.
- Sleep – Lack of sleep increases stress and depression. Getting a good night’s sleep can increase immunity, restore your body and improve your mood. If you have trouble falling asleep at night, consider trying Fast Asleep. Containing melatonin, a hormone naturally produced by your body, this fast-acting sublingual can improve your body’s ability to fall asleep.
Anything that helps you maintain a happy, positive outlook on life will help you combat the potential depression that often accompanies long-term health conditions. These tips will help you maintain a positive mental attitude and mindset while learning to manage life with Hepatitis C.
How the mind can boost immunity, multiply health & conquer disease. (n.d.). Retrieved November 11, 2019, from http://eocinstitute.org/meditation/boosting-your-immune-system-with-meditation/
Meditation: In depth. (2016, April 01). Retrieved November 11, 2019, from https://nccih.nih.gov/health/meditation/overview.htm