Victrelis™ (boceprevir) and Hepatitis C
When can I get a prescription for Victrelis™ (boceprevir)?
UPDATE: As of January 2015 Merck announced it will discontinue selling Victrelis in the United States by the end of the year.
Merck indicated that they would start shipping medication beginning the week of May 16, 2011. Contact your doctor for an appointment to discuss your options.
Vitrelis™ capsules are packaged 12 caps to a bottle (one recommended daily dose) in a box containing 28 bottles.
Last Updated: January 2015
Merck "Highlights of Prescribing Information - Victrelis" http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/v/victrelis/victrelis_pi.pdf. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
Merck "Medication Guide - Victrelis™" http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/v/victrelis/victrelis_mg.pdf. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
Merck "Patient Assistance Programs" http://www.merck.com/responsibility/pap-information.html. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
Neutropenia Support Association, Inc. "What is Neutropenia?" http://www.neutropenia.ca/. Retrieved May 19, 2011.
Victrelis http://victrelis.com/boceprevir/victrelis/consumer/index.jsp. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- What is Victrelis™ (boceprevir)?
- What is the dosage for Victrelis™ (boceprevir)?
- Does the dosage and administration of Victrelis (boceprevir) differ for various people?
- When is Victrelis™ contraindicated?
- What types of adverse reactions were reported when taking Victrelis™?
- What if one has an adverse reaction to the Victrelis™ combination therapy?
- Are there any other warnings one should know regarding Victrelis™ combination therapy?
- At what point would one know the Victrelis™ combination treatment is not working?
- Can those co-infected with HIV and Hepatitis C begin Victrelis™ combination therapy?
- When can I get a prescription for Victrelis™ (boceprevir)?
- How can I get assistance paying for Victrelis™ (boceprevir)? Is Victrelis™ covered by insurance?