Incivek™ (telaprevir) and Hepatitis C
At what point would one know the Incivek™ combination therapy is not working?
According to the prescribing information provided by Vertex, treatment with Incivek™ should be discontinued if HCV-RNA results at week 4 or week 12 show levels greater than or equal to 1000 IU/mL. If HCV-RNA levels are confirmed detectable at week 24 of therapy, peginterferon alfa and ribavirin should be discontinued.
Last Updated: July 2014
Vertex Pharmaceuticals "Highlights of Prescribing Information - Incivek™" http://pi.vrtx.com/files/uspi_telaprevir.pdf. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals "Medication Guide - Incivek™" http://pi.vrtx.com/files/usmedguide_telaprevir.pdf. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals "For Patients - Helping People Get Incivek™ (telaprevir) tablets" http://www.vrtx.com/patients.html. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- What is Incivek™ (telaprevir)?
- What is the dosage for Incivek™ (telaprevir)?
- Does the dosage and administration of Incivek™ (telaprevir) differ for various people?
- When is Incivek™ contraindicated?
- What types of adverse reactions were reported when taking Incivek™?
- Are there any other warnings one should know regarding Incivek™ combination therapy?
- At what point would one know the Incivek™ combination therapy is not working?
- Can those co-infected with HIV and Hepatitis C begin Incivek™ combination therapy?
- When can I get a prescription for Incivek™ (telaprevir)?
- How can I get assistance paying for Incivek™ (telaprevir)? Is Incivek™ covered by insurance?