Incivek™ (telaprevir) and Hepatitis C
How can I get assistance paying for Incivek™ (telaprevir)? Is Incivek™ covered by insurance?
UPDATE: As of August 2014 Vertex announced it will discontinue selling Incivek.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, the developer of Incivek™, offers financial assistance and patient support programs to those who might not be able to afford the medication.
The support program helps people learn about insurance benefits for their medication. For those that do not have insurance, the program provides Incivek™ for free to eligible patients. It also provides coverage for copay or coinsurance costs associated with Incivek™ for those patients that meet specific program criteria.
For more information regarding this program, visit http://www.vrtx.com/patients.html or call 1-855-837-8394.
Contact your insurance company directly for information regarding coverage of Incivek™.
Last Updated: July 2014
Vertex Pharmaceuticals "Highlights of Prescribing Information - Incivek™" http://pi.vrtx.com/files/uspi_telaprevir.pdf. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals "Medication Guide - Incivek™" http://pi.vrtx.com/files/usmedguide_telaprevir.pdf. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals "For Patients - Helping People Get Incivek™ (telaprevir) tablets" http://www.vrtx.com/patients.html. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- What is Incivek™ (telaprevir)?
- What is the dosage for Incivek™ (telaprevir)?
- Does the dosage and administration of Incivek™ (telaprevir) differ for various people?
- When is Incivek™ contraindicated?
- What types of adverse reactions were reported when taking Incivek™?
- Are there any other warnings one should know regarding Incivek™ combination therapy?
- At what point would one know the Incivek™ combination therapy is not working?
- Can those co-infected with HIV and Hepatitis C begin Incivek™ combination therapy?
- When can I get a prescription for Incivek™ (telaprevir)?
- How can I get assistance paying for Incivek™ (telaprevir)? Is Incivek™ covered by insurance?